Conformity Assessment of Products with Technical Regulations
Products, falling within the scope of Technical Regulations (TR), can be put into circulation providing that:
- A product is in conformity with the Essential Requirements;
- A declarant fulfills requirements set forth in the relevant section of TR.
The UCRF Certification Centre (UCRF CC) conducts the conformity assessment of products falling within the following technical regulations:
- Technical Regulations on radio equipment (approved by Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Decision No. 355 of 24.05.2017);
- Technical Regulations on electromagnetic compatibility of equipment (approved by Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Decision No. 1077 of 16.12. 2015).
A manufacturer of a product or its authorized representative (which is a resident of Ukraine) shall issue Declaration of Conformity in accordance with TR requirements. Declaration of Conformity shall include references to relevant national standards. The UCRF CC has a powerful material and technical facilities which enable to conduct testing and confirm conformity of a product with regulatory documents with regard to its national specifics.
Declaration of Conformity and technical documentation shall be stored by a manufacturer or by its authorized representative for at least 10 years after the last release of a respective product.
According to the Law of Ukraine “On State Market Surveillance and Control of Non-Food Products” verification of compliance of a product with TR is carried out by the state market surveillance authorities. Article 23 of the that Law stipulates that once a market participant provides an expert conclusion, test results or conformity certificates issued by an accredited conformity assessment body, a market surveillance authority shall take into consideration such documents when inspecting characteristics of a respective product.
A positive result of conformity assessment conducted by the UCRF CC is deemed the sufficient evidence of compliance of a product with the TR requirements.
Attention: National market surveillance authority pays special attention to those Declarations of Conformity, which are not confirmed with the type-examination certificate (TEC) issued by an authorized conformity assessment body. In case of non-conformity, a corresponding supplier is imposed with sanctions that are far more costly than works on conformity assessment with involvement of the UCRF Certification Centre as the third party.
Works on conformity assessment of a product with TR:
Important information when passing the conformity assessment of a product with technical regulations:
Package of works on conformity assessment carried out by the UCRF CC
1. Carries out tests of product samples.
2. Produces and issues Test Report for the Customer.
Reduction, suspension or withdrawal of conformity assessment (certification)
1. When nonconformity with certification requirements is substantiated, either as a result of surveillance or otherwise, the certification body (CB)/conformity assessment body (CAB) shall consider and decide upon the appropriate action. NOTE: Appropriate action can include the following:
a) Continuation of certification under condition specified by the certification body (e.g. increased surveillance);
b) Reduction in the scope of certification to remove nonconforming product variants;
c) Suspension of the certification pending remedial action by the client;
d) Withdrawal of the certification.
2. When the appropriate action includes evaluation, review or a certification decision, additional conformity assessment (certification) shall be carried out according to the selected scheme.
3. If certification is terminated (by request of the client), suspended or withdrawn, the CB/CAB shall take actions specified by the certification scheme and shall make all necessary modifications to formal certification documents, public information, authorizations for use of marks, etc., in order to ensure it provides no indication that the product continues to be certified. If a scope of certification is reduced, the CB/CAB shall take actions specified by the certification scheme and shall make all necessary modifications to formal certification documents, public information, authorizations for use of marks, etc. The CB/CAB shall communicate to the client in writing about all the actions taken and clearly specify them in certification documentation and public information.
4. Any evaluations, reviews or decisions needed to resolve the suspension of conformity assessment (certification), or that are required by the certification scheme, shall be completed in accordance with the applicable procedures.
5. If certification is reinstated after suspension, the CB/CAB shall make all necessary modifications to formal certification documents, public information, authorizations for use of marks, etc., in order to ensure all appropriate indications exist that the product continues to be certified. If a decision to reduce the scope of certification is made as a condition of reinstatement, the CB/CAB shall make all necessary modifications to formal certification documents, public information, authorizations for use of marks, etc., in order to ensure the reduced scope of certification is clearly communicated to the client and clearly specified in certification documentation and public information.
Refusal of conformity assessment (certification)
The CB/CAB has the right to refuse conformity assessment (certification) of a product in the following cases:
- A Client is neither a manufacturer of a product nor its authorized representative;
- An authorized representative is not a resident of Ukraine;
- Information referring to a Client and a product is insufficient for conformity assessment (certification);
- A Client has not provided a complete list of technical documentation along with the application; or the provided list of technical documentation is incomplete;
- A consensus is not reached between the CB/CAB and a Client in respect of the standards or other regulatory documents;
- The CB /CAB has no facilities to conduct the conformity assessment (certification) of a product;
- CB/CAB has no competence and capability to perform the conformity assessment (certification) of a product.